Just like Granny made!
Mushroom Bolognese Brown Rice Recipe
Free delivery and save 8% off all orders with discount code AFF8 at Campbells Meat.
This is Zanna van Dijk's Mushroom Bolognese with Brown Rice, a delicious autumnal warming recipe. Each portion provides 474 calories, 71g carbs, 10g fat and 21g protein. His recipe is for two people. It's list of ingredients are:
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
180g chestnut mushrooms
1 red onion
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp dried thyme
240g lentils in water (drained)
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp dried oregano
400g chopped tomatoes
80g brown rice
Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
How to cook:
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25mins until cooked.
2. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely dice the onion and finely chop the mushrooms and the parsley. Drain and rinse the lentils.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tablespoon oil on a medium heat and add the onion and garlic for 7 mins until softened.
4. Then stir in the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, fresh parsley, dried oregano and dried thyme. Season with sea salt and black pepper and cook for 2 mins.
5. Then reduce the heat and add the lentils and the red chilli flakes (use as many as desired) and cook on a gentle heat for 10 mins, stirring regularly. Add a little boiling water to the pan if the sauce becomes too dry.
6. Drain the brown rice.
7. Serve the brown rice on two warm plates and top with the mushroom bolognese.
All delivered straight to your door along with cooking directions from Mindful Chef.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram.
Use discount code SR1601 at checkout for 10% off & free delivery on orders with a subtotal over £30 at online butcher Donald Russell, cannot be used with any other discount codes and will not apply to half price steak selections.
Burnt Vengeance - How will a dying patient in a hospice take his revenge? What are his final wishes and what will his solicitor reveal when she reads out his Last Will and Testament?
5-star author C.G. Buswell brings another story from his dark, tempestuous mind. Burnt Vengeance will have you screaming for the light and grappling with your imagination as you try to quell your fear.
Read the opening chapter for free.
If you like our Traditional Scottish Recipes and would like to easily share them with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
Win £250 of Scottish food when you join the Donald Russell newsletter
Follow us on:
Use discount code SR1601 at checkout for 10% off & free delivery on orders with a subtotal over £30 at Donald Russell, cannot be used with any other discount codes and will not apply to half price steak selections:
Flags/Emblem of Scotland