|Just like Granny made!||www.scottishrecipes.co.uk|
Scottish flapjacks recipe with golden syrup and ingredients like porridge oats to make 12 to 16 biscuits
Follow us on Twitter:
This easy flapjack recipe takes minutes to prepare and gives a delicious soft centre and crunchy edge so that you get the best of both textures. We have provided alternative flapjack recipe ingredients such as chocolate chips or cranberry pieces.
Ingredients For Flapjacks
75g of butter or margarine
50 - 75g light brown sugar
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
175g of porridge oats
Eating in has a cranberry, coconut and seed oaty flapjacks recipe which can be easily adapted for other seeds and dried fruit.
1. Put the butter or margarine, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the fat and sugar have melted.
2. Add the porridge oats and blend thoroughly.
3. Press into a well greased 18cm square sandwich tin.
4. Bake in the centre of a moderate oven at 180c or 350f or gas mark 4 for 25 minutes or until evenly golden brown.
5. Mark into fingers whilst warm.
6. Allow to become almost cold in the tin before removing.
How To Make Flapjacks
How to make flapjacks with golden syrup and chocolate:
Prepare mixture as above. Cool slightly then add 50g of chopped chocolate pieces before putting into the sandwich tin.
If you like this page and would like to easily share it with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
Taste Ye Back: Great Scots and the Food That Made Them recommends adding a good pinch of salt when stirring in the oats of flapjack recipes.
A nutty flapjacks recipe can also be found in The National Trust for Scotland book The Scottish Kitchen by Christopher Trotter which uses chopped walnuts for a delicious and crunchy taste.
Recipes From Scotland
|Site contents copyright ScottishRecipes.co.uk - All rights reserved.|