Just like Granny made!
Haggis And Chips
Best place in Scotland to buy a haggis and chips takeaway meal
This is our very favourite haggis or white pudding supper recipe! Here in Scotland chip shop meals that are to include chips are known as suppers.
I have published a book which tells the story of The Grey Lady Ghost of the Cambridge Military Hospital which reveals her origins in the QAIMNS and where she meets a QA veteran of Afghanistan. She still walks her wards and tells her story by taking Scott Grey, a QARANC nurse, to the battlefields of World War One and beyond. This is the first in the series of Grey and Scarlet Novels by CG Buswell. Each book will feature different Scottish food and a favourite meal. Read the first chapter for free.
1. Get the car keys.
2. Drive to your nearest AshVale chippie.
3. Order your choice at the counter or in the restaurant. For a great treat make sure it is haggis and chips.
4. Don't forget the Irn Bru!
5. Apply brown sauce and enjoy!
6. Leave a tip; the chefs and waitresses of The Ashvale Chip Shop are braw.
7. Repeat at least twice a week
8. Dinae forget your deep fried Mars Bars!
9. I love mushy peas with mine.
You’ve hopefully realised that this is a bit tongue in cheek but on our traditional haggis recipe page you'll find the real thing.
If you like our Traditional Scottish Recipes and would like to easily share them with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
Win £250 of Scottish food when you join the Donald Russell newsletter
Follow us on:
Use discount code sr1501 at checkout for 10% off & free delivery on orders with a subtotal over £30 at Donald Russell, cannot be used with any other discount codes and will not apply to half price steak selections:
Flags/Emblem of Scotland