|Just like Granny made!||www.scottishrecipes.co.uk|
How to make toffee shortcake with this list of ingredients and recipe instructions
This toffee shortcake recipe is a very old, but delicious family treat, so please excuse the ounces:
Follow us on Twitter:
Recipes From Scotland
Toffee Shortcake Recipe
2oz caster sugar
8oz plain flour
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
small tin of condensed milk
4oz cooking chocolate
1. Cream the caster sugar with half of the margarine and then add the flour.
2. Knead as you would for shortbread then roll out and bake in a swiss roll tin until slightly brown.
3. Mix the other 4oz margarine with the golden syrup and add the condensed milk. Bring it to the boil in a small pan and spread over the shortbread base.
4. Melt the chocolate and pour it over the toffee mixture
5. Allow to cool and then cut into pieces.
If you like this page and would like to easily share it with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
Flags/Emblem of Scotland
|Site contents copyright ScottishRecipes.co.uk - All rights reserved.|