Just like Granny made!
Carrot Loaf Recipe
This carrot loaf recipe came from an ingredients challenge on our social media using those in the photo below. We cheated a little and added some eggs and vegetable oil. It's based on zucchini bread, with the substitution of carrots.
192g of all-purpose or plain flour
Half a teaspoon of salt
Half a teaspoon of baking soda
Half a teaspoon of baking powder
Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Two small eggs
118mls of vegetable oil
114g of white sugar
One and a half teaspoons of vanilla extract
25g of grated carrots
1. Grease a flour tin, we used a 4x8 inches tin and pre-heat the oven to 165C.
2. Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, soda and cinnamon together into a bowl.
3. Beat the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together in a large bowl.
4. Add the sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well.
5. Stir in the carrots until they are combined well. Pour this batter into the prepared tin.
6. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, then remove and set aside, still in the tin, to cool for 20 minutes.
7. Remove the carrot bread from the pan and set aside to completely cool.
8. Store the carrot loaf in the refrigerator. It will also freeze well.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Nine grieving Aberdeen families, one dark secret. Can love triumph?
Group is the new emotionally raw psychological character-driven suspense romance by Scottish author C.G. Buswell
Buy on Kindle and other devices or Paperback.
If you like our Traditional Scottish Recipes and would like to easily share them with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
An army veteran moves his family back to Scotland, but his nightmare neighbour starts a battle of wits with him. Who will win this One Last War?
Buy this latest novel by Scottish author C.G. Buswell on Kindle or Paperback.
Advertise on Scottish Recipes Website Facebook and Twitter Pages from just £25.
Flags/Emblem of Scotland