Just like Granny made!
Crispy Lemon Poppy Plaice with Celeriac Remoulade
This tasty recipe of crispy plaice coated in ground almonds, poppy seeds and lemon alongside mustardy celeriac remoulade has a delightful sprinkling of fragrant thyme and crunchy sunflower seeds. The celeriac is high in phosphorus which can benefit the nervous, lymphatic and urinary systems. It contains 531 calories, 35g carbs, 31g fat and 33g protein.
10g sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
2 tablespoons of oil
2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
2 x 150g plaice fillet (with skin off)
6 tablespoons of ground almonds
Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
Medium handful of fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
2. Peel and cut the carrots into fries. Place on a baking tray with a drizzle of 1/2 tablespoon of oil and the thyme leaves. Place in the oven for 20 mins, turning halfway through cooking.
3. Meanwhile, make the celeriac remoulade; peel and grate the celeriac and finely chop the parsley. Zest the lemon. Mix the celeriac with half of the lemon zest, half of the juice from the lemon, the wholegrain mustard, sunflower seeds and chopped parsley. Season with sea salt and black pepper and set aside.
4. To make the lemon and poppy seed crumb; to a bowl, add the remaining lemon zest, the poppy seeds and the ground almonds. Mix well and season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. In a separate bowl, put 1 tablespoon of oil. Dip each plaice fillet into the oil, then into the crumb.
6. Heat a frying pan with 1/2 tablespoon of oil on a medium heat and cook the crumbed plaice for 2-3 mins each side until cooked through.
7. Serve the lemon & poppy seed crumbed plaice on two warm plates alongside the celeriac remoulade and carrot fries. Drizzle over the remaining lemon juice.
Claim £10 off when you order ingredients delivered with more recipe cards at Mindful Chef.
More Recipes From Scotland.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
If you like our Traditional Scottish Recipes and would like to easily share them with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
Use discount code YUMmY20 to get 20% off.
Advertise on Scottish Recipes Website, Facebook and Twitter Pages from just £75.
Flags/Emblem of Scotland