Just like Granny made!
Mushroom Bolognese Brown Rice Recipe
This is Zanna van Dijk's Mushroom Bolognese with Brown Rice, a delicious autumnal warming recipe. Each portion provides 474 calories, 71g carbs, 10g fat and 21g protein. His recipe is for two people. It's list of ingredients are:
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
180g chestnut mushrooms
1 red onion
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp dried thyme
240g lentils in water (drained)
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp dried oregano
400g chopped tomatoes
80g brown rice
Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
How to cook:
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25mins until cooked.
2. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely dice the onion and finely chop the mushrooms and the parsley. Drain and rinse the lentils.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tablespoon oil on a medium heat and add the onion and garlic for 7 mins until softened.
4. Then stir in the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, fresh parsley, dried oregano and dried thyme. Season with sea salt and black pepper and cook for 2 mins.
5. Then reduce the heat and add the lentils and the red chilli flakes (use as many as desired) and cook on a gentle heat for 10 mins, stirring regularly. Add a little boiling water to the pan if the sauce becomes too dry.
6. Drain the brown rice.
7. Serve the brown rice on two warm plates and top with the mushroom bolognese.
All delivered straight to your door along with cooking directions from Mindful Chef.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
If you like our Traditional Scottish Recipes and would like to easily share them with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
Advertise on Scottish Recipes Website, Facebook and Twitter Pages from just £75.
Flags/Emblem of Scotland